Friday, September 7, 2007

Internet cafe

Hello all, I finally got to an internet cafe here in Brikama! Man, it took two tries in one day to find it, and very muddy feet to get here. Speaking of muddy, Yesterday I made the great decision to venture out for a bike ride to release a little energy, and ended up in the craziest rainstorm yet. Or maybe because I was on my bike in the middle of it that it seemed so crazy! I started out going towards the market, and I could see these impending clouds rising up behind the market, but I thought,¨eh, so I get a little wet!?¨ I should have known because everyone at the market and on the streets were running around like crazy, fast walking to where ever they were going , and putting away their wares. Then in the middle of the place, it let loose, so, I put on my raincoat, and was going to keep riding until the wind started blasting and great claps of thunder and lighting came! So I started to head home, which was a bit of an ordeal, because the roads are a muddy mess when they have had rain, and evern worse when your in the middle of the rain. So I finally got to our street and through the pelting rain could see that the street all the way past our compound is totally flooded, and not only that, it is gushing water from the perpendicular street! So I just charged it, and hoped that there werent any creatures washed away in the water.! After that I took advantage of the rain and got my evening bath.
Right now, are far as work goes I am not doing much, but hopefully a series of meetings next week will launch me into work full time.
I have received a number of packages since I have been here, thank you everyone! That list from the first blog is probably obsolete now, but if you have sent some of it, dont worry I wilĺ def. use it! Now that we are in our permanent living sitaution I have a better idea what I can get, and what I can´t. Hope all is well, maybe I will here from some of you this weekend!

No comments: