Friday, September 14, 2007

Hungry!

Hey, all,
Man, I am so hungry. I am trying to fast today, an I only have about 3 more hours to go, but I am soooo hungry. I think that I would die and go to heaven for a cheeseburger and a coke right now! And I havent really craved that sort of thing until now! I am here at the internet cafe again, trying to keep my mind off food, (and water), but I got lost getting here, because I came from a different way, and went a long ways out of my way, was about go home, but suddenly came upon it. The sun in glaringly bright today, there are some sparse white clouds around, but it is difficult to keep from sweating out all the water that I dont want /can tafford to loose! Anyhow! I started ¨work¨ this week, and I use that term loosely , because we were supposed to have an all staff meeting but only about 15 people showed up, and we started about an hour and half past the meeting time. We got together in our respective subject groups, and then could not go any further than that really because we were supposed to plan for the term, but the syllabus was not printed out, they tried for the rest of the day to get it printed, but it never showed. Yesterday, only a few people showed up for our group, and today, I hung around for an hour, and no one was there. But everyone says this is how it works in the Gambia. :) Yesterday, they provided ¨lunch¨ for us, and it was a large hoagie with a ton of mayonaise on it, and french fries, and fried eggs, and later that night I threw it all up! It was the first time I have been sick here, but after I threw up I felt fine :) I sure you all wanted to know that, but hey, you get what you get! Man, there is this posted sign right next to the screen here at the cafe, and it says, ¨cool water for sale now¨, it is kililng me! Ok, well my main reason for coming here was to do some research on learning theories, because I think that is what I will be teaching this term, (not for sure as always) but they dont have any resources at the college, the students dont have books, and the teachers dont either,.. Time to do some research, talk to you all later!

No comments: