Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Inaguration Day

This guy is really nice, he owns the "Barack Obama Stationary and Bookshop" it is on our way to the college.
Above, here he is, making an "O" with his fingers for Obama

Yelling to his friend across the street, "hold on a minute I'm taking a picture!"

Yesterday a group of PC volunteers gathered at a place in Brikama that has satellite tv and watched the inauguration, it was great. Every time I see something like that on television now, (which isn’t that often, but the other week Andy downloaded the college championship football game to watch) I find myself hardly paying attention to whats on the screen, but focusing my attention on the amazing orchestration of organization that America represents. I just think of it in relation to, if that many Gambians were assembled in one place it would be sheer anarchy and chaos. Considering that grown men elbow and push pregnant women, grandmothers, children, to get a place in a gelley, I would not even consider attending such an event in those contexts. hehe.







No comments: