Monday, August 4, 2008

So, this week is pretty busy putting "finishing" touches on things at work before we go away a little while. We are also trying to run around and gather supplies for our trip from the city before we leave. I've been packing and repacking in my head at night and probably will until we leave and it's too late to do anything about it anyways. We are trying to be really conservative on the packing, but it's hard when you have to take practically a whole medical kit. It's not like we can be like... ah, well, I will buy it there,.. or I will just go to the atm when I get there.... nope. We will probably want some things to bring back from Mali, so we need to leave space and don't to lug around a huge pack for three weeks.
I am nervous about leaving our house for so long, several things can happen, floods, rodents, termite trails will be everywhere, bugs and dust, mold and mildew etc. I also don't know what to do about the library while I'm gone. I think it is probably best that I don't let them come and get new books every week, but I also hate to shut it down for three weeks. I thought about loaning more than one so they could keep them for the time we are gone, but I think that is too much for them to handle... but one thing we have going here, is the general lack of keeping track of time. Time here, well, it just passes with little to no notation. I'm sure they won't even notice that we're gone. Well, I just wanted to make sure to drop a line in before we go.. though I may get another chance at the end of the week. Have a great week!

No comments: