Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas Day

So, it's Christmas Day, but doesn't really feel like it at all. We are here in the Peace Corps office now, and we are staying at the hostel here. We got here yesterday afternoon, and some other volunteers are down too. Our country director somehow got a turkey for us to cook at the hostel, so everyone is doing there best trying to come up with other things to cook with it. I think I'm in charge of mashed potatoes :) But even though we will have a Christmas type dinner it still doesn't even remotely feel like Christmas time, and I guess that's OK, but it still feels a little strange to know that family and friends in the states are doing the same things that we did every year, just minus us. Last night we tried to watch the only Christmas movie we had (Elf DVD) on the computer for everyone to watch, but the DVD was so scratched we got about a quarter of the way through and it just wouldn't go any further. So, that was a bummer. Then they put in The Italian Job (sooo not Christmasy) and so I went to bed. I think that I will really be looking forward to a white Christmas when we get back! We will have to move somewhere where there is a guarantee that there will be snow! Well, we may or may not stay in town another night, (depends when the turkey gets finished!, if it's late we will not be able to get transport back to Brikama) so we may end up going home tomorrow. I don't have to report back to class or the nursery school until the 7th of Jan. so, I have been planning things for the term, and since I'm here at the computer, have printed out some stuff for college, that I will take home, look through and tweak later this week to have it all prepared. Well, I don't want to bore anyone with work today, so
Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

No comments: